Tuesday, February 14, 2012

YOU'RE LEAVING ME, TOO?


She sits on the couch across from the psychologist starting into her eyes as the words just seem to become muted.  Tears begin to fall as the soft words spoken from her mouth seemed to cut like knives.  
"I'm sorry....I cannot see you until you are medicated.  This is unacceptable.  You do know this, right?" 
She nods and continues to fight the tears while struggling to pay attention to the sentences the Dr. is speaking.  
"I can not effectively do my job when you're consistently late, showing up the wrong days and rushing here and there.  This affects my schedule but most importantly your treatment.  I cannot help you with only 15 minutes a session vs. 1 hour.  Do you understand?"
She nods and mutters a few faint words, 
"yes. I understand."  
The only thing that continues to circle around at 100mph is one sentence only. 

 - YOU'RE LEAVING ME, TOO. -

As the Dr. states the condensed time we are facing due to the tardy she begins to inquire what has taken place in the past 2 weeks that since the last meeting.
Let me see, where do I begin?  ....................

No comments:

Post a Comment